Wednesday 4 October 2017

What to expect from seeing a Medium

I have had a lot of people ask me what to expect when you go and see a Medium…so I thought that I might put down some information to hopefully address some of these questions.

First up..it is very common for some people to feel nervous or apprehensive as it is all about the fear of the unknown, so I will let you know that the main reason for most connections to the spirit world is to check in on our loved ones…we what to know that they are ok. So Yes they are more than ok they are free from pain, free from their earthy bodies and able to do all that they have not been able to do before they passed.

Another reoccurring theme is the difference between readings, you need to remember no two mediums or psychic are alike. They are unique, just as you are unique, so you will find that they will read different and give the information to you differently. No one way is correct and no one way is the only way. A lot will depend on the person in the spirit world, their personality, and the particular gifts of the medium.

I do try to explain beforehand how I will conduct my sessions, as I find that it helps to put the client as ease, and any questions can be answered before the connection to their loved ones begins.
What type of information do will you be given in a reading? This is another question that is often asked, well it can range from a simple sentence that you will instantly recognise as your loved one, as that was what they always used to call you, tell you or you heard many times, to things like the characteristics of them such as:
·         Hair colour
·         Body type
·         Height
·         Personality

These will be brought through depending on how the medium’s gifts work, see, hear, feel, sense and smell. So you may find that one medium will bring through your loved ones personality very strongly as they feel things better, but the “messages” are not that clear. Other mediums might give you’re the “messages” very clearly but not what they look like as they may not “see” them as clearly

Then we get to what some Mediums call “evidence”, I like to call it validation, as I feel that as the client you need to be sure that I am connecting to your loved ones. So what sort of things do we class as validation.
·         Their name, or the names of others in the family (now I don’t often get names and that is ok)
·         How your loved one passed away, or health challenges they faced
·         A favourite hobby or pastime they had / your favourite hobby / pastime
·         A favourite food / or your favourite food
·         The number of children or grandchildren they had /  you have

Of course this is not the only things that will come through, sometimes it can be very bizarre thing indeed, for example, in one reading that I did I kept wanting to duck my head as I thought that I would hit my head on something..but as my ceilings are 9ft so it wasn’t coming from me, so as I tell all my students, just say what you feel / hear or see, as when we try to make sense of it things that become blurred. So when I told my client this feeling that I was getting she laughed out loud, as it was her father we were hoping to talk to and yes you guessed he was over 6ft 7in and was always having to duck his head to get through doors etc, and that was the only piece of validation that she needed.

So once you have established who you are talking with then the fun part comes….Messages, this is what I always say is the most important part of any reading, and it is a privilege for myself to be able to past them on to my clients. These messages can be as simple as “hi I am fine” to advice on what you need to do with your house / job / relationship.
Now I have on some occasions had a spirit with me in the reading that did not wish to be identified, this could be for a number of reasons, there maynot have left on good terms with the person coming to see me, they could have passed in a way that would be too painful for the person to remember, so in this instant I find that they will pass their messages on through my Guides.

How do you actually hear the messages? Is another question that I get asked frequently, I like to say that I have what I call a screen in my head that my guides and the spirits put pictures onto, sometimes this with be just a word, an image, or a complete scene and it’s my job to tell you what I see. Now as I mentioned before sometimes these images etc are not clear and it becomes difficult to interpret so it can take a little time to confirm them. When I hear them it is a bit like “mental telepathy” I will hear the their voice in my head, and often get the feel of their voice, ie if they had a loud voice I often speak loudly, if they speak quickly then so do I. When I see them it is like seeing them in my mind’s eye, although on a few occasions I have actually physically “seen” them, so much so that one day I tried to order a coffee from a lady I “thought” was standing waiting to take it…haha you should have seen the look on the girls face when I explain my mistake!! Priceless, as it happened I did manage to put her mind at rest due to some unusual things happening in the cafĂ©, this spirit did not like the fact the coffee beans were too far away from the coffee machine and had been moving them on a regular basis, so when I mentioned this she was amazed and said that she was grateful to be able to know the cause. Funny enough after they left the coffee beans where the spirit had put them all activity stop!!!   

Also as a highly sensitive empath I will “feel” strong how a person passed, or if there is any issues concerning any on- going family health problems, my first indication of this was half way through a reading I got the worst case of heartburn ever, now I knew that I didn’t have it at the beginning of the reading and when I mentioned this to my client she said “oh that’s mine as I have been suffering with it for a while now” and just like that as soon as she had acknowledged it mine disappeared. So I have learnt to honour these feels and speak up, as you can imagine it’s not something that I wish to hold on to.

One of the main things that I will say to anyone about coming of a mediumship or a psychic reading is to feel comfortable and relax, as relaxing will help the energy flow better, which means a better session overall.

When is the best time for a reading? Do I have to wait for a certain time when a loved one has passed before I come in for a reading? When you is totally up to you, I have had clients come in after a week has passed, some wait months even years, it is totally up to how you feel that it will assist you to work through your grief and help with the healing process. One thing to remember is that the spirit does not change their personality, I like to say “as they were in life so they are in spirit” so if they didn’t like swearing…believe you me I can’t swear!!! If they are a happy, joyful person in life that is what I will bring through in the reading. I, as the medium need to raise my vibrations to a certain frequency as the frequency here on Earth is lower than theirs, that is why dreams are a very good way for spirits to get information to us..unfortunately for some of us it is hard to remember them!

I also tell my clients that I cannot guarantee 100% that their loved ones will come through in the reading; the chances are high, but not certain. I also tell my clients to think about their loved ones before coming and ask for them to come along for the ride.

I take my gift / job very seriously, and do so to help with the healing process, I do it in love and trust to show that although the physical person is no-longer with you, the connection is not lost.

Blessings

Helen xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment